What is it?
This is Orange Pi Hi-Fi Hat, that adds Hi-Fi audio capability to your Pi. It uses native I2S output of Orange Pi together with Texas Instruments’ wonderful PCM5102A Hi-Fi DAC.
Why did I build it
I want to bring modern hobbyist technologies to the world of ‘large speakers and amps’ tech. I build systems that keep that old-schoolish look, but adds online streaming and smart remote capabilities. I build this project as a possible core of such solution, where small but much capable box with Orange Pi in it drives large Pro-sized and Pro-sounded audio solution.
Why HIFI Hat?
It is simple yet powerfull solution, that adds audio capabilities to your Orange Pi based project. Audio quality complies with Hi-Fi standards, which means it is suitable for high quality audio streaming, just like bigger Raspberry Pi players.
Why Orange Pi?
- It’s capable and feature rich
- It’s compact and low power
- It’s reasonably priced
- It’s runs Armbian, Volumio, Mopidy, RetrOrangePi and many more
- PCM5102A 32bit DAC
- Up to 384 kHz sampling rate
- -112 dB typical noise level
- Dedicated ultra-low-noise regulator for audio interface
- Single mini-jack output
- Dual RCA output
- GPIO LEDs
- Powers from Orange Pi itself
- OLED screen header
- 4 GPIO LEDs
- Thanks Texas Instruments for great audio interface for great price
- Thanks Orange Pi Team for this great board and development platform